7th of March 2012.

Today’s Milestone.

Since starting my blog at the beginning of the year, I have been amazed at just how many hits it’s been getting. Today marks my first “Milestone” as to date; I have now received over 1000 hits to my blog. What’s also great, is tracking the Countries these have come from. The majority are from the UK, however, others are from the USA, Canada, Russia, Germany, India, Ukraine, Brazil, Africa, Italy and France.

One of the places I visit regularly is Draycote Water Reservoir near Dunchurch in Warwickshire. Therefore here’s another milestone, the London to Holyhead landmark in Dunchurch which I pass on route, which reads, London 79 miles and Holyhead 178 miles, now you know why I call this blog “Central Birder” as I live right in the centre of England.

Meanwhile closer to home the bird sightings in my garden today were Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Robin, Dunnock, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Starling, House Sparrow, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Magpie, overhead and beyond the garden were Carrion Crow, Black headed gull, Lesser black backed gull, Kestrel and up on the thermals a Buzzard.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Its a great blog Steve which I have only recently discovered.

Brandon Marsh is my favourite nature reserve but as I don't get chance to visit as often as I would like its great to be able to keep update by reading of your visits.

Lovely photos too.

Central Birder said...

Many thanks for your kind comments Ragged Robin.

Maybe I'll bump in to you at Brandon Marsh at some point?