19th of April 2012.

Warwickshire Wildlife Trust – Brandon Marsh.

Species seen 37.

Paying an evening visit, it was one with many rain showers; well it is April after all?

The highlight was seeing my first Cuckoo of the year. It was first heard somewhere over the Newlands area then it flew in to view over the river Avon and then perched in a tree for a good 5 minutes.

Also seen was a Barn Owl watched over Newlands, as it began to rain again, it stayed for quite a while in one of the trees that surround the area, giving me time to view it at reasonably close quarters. Sadly a little too far for my lense!

Other notables seen were, Sparrowhawk, Buzzard and Kestrel.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Its great to see the Barn Owls doing so well at Brandon Marsh Steve and I thought you did well with the photo. Brandon is one of the few places where I have actually managed to see a cuckoo rather than just hear one! Sounds like you had a good visit. All the best. Caroline

Central Birder said...

Thanks Caroline, been there today and like everyone else there I was looking for the reported Nightingale, we heard it, but no-one saw it!

Regards - Steve