21st of April 2012.

Warwickshire Wildlife Trust – Brandon Marsh.

Species seen 45.

Looking at the weather today, a day at home doing chores was planned. This soon went right out the window when I read a Tweet from Keith Yates on Twitter.

A Nightingale was heard singing at the reserve. Therefore, off I went in pursuit to hopefully see it.

There was a number of people at the locations reported and quite a few quid’s worth of photographic equipment too! Sadly, everyone I spoke to didn’t actually see the Nightingale? We all heard it, but no-one could see it!
In the meantime I managed a Cetti’s Warbler sighting as well as this beautiful Mute Swan landing in the Carlton Pool.                                                
Other notables were, Common Tern, Swallow, House Martin, Sand Martin and Oystercatcher. Later talking to a fellow birder, he told me that earlier that morning another sighting of Otters was reported. Hopefully one day I will be able to blog my own Otter report?
Stop press, just read a Brandon Marsh sightings update, the Nightingale was seen at 8.30pm from the Carlton hide.



2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Wonderful news about a Nightingale at Brandon Marsh - so glad you were able to hear (if not see!) it! Lovely photos btw.

Central Birder said...

Hi Caroline, have been a number of times now and heard it every time, might have caught sight of it for a milli-second, but not 100% sure?

Thanks for you kind comments regarding my efforts at photography.