2nd of December 2016 - Napton Reservoir

It's been quite a while since my last blog due to many reasons, work and laptop issues being the main ones!

Having seen a few reports of Bearded Tit at Napton Reservoir I decided it was time to visit this small reservoir.

As I arrived, a Kingfisher was perched by the bridge that separates the two bodies of water.  Eager to get a photo, I slowly moved towards the bird and raised my camera, looking through the viewfinder I couldn't see it, gone, in the blink of an eye. The joys of trying to photograph birds!

With a few mutterings using Anglo Saxon adjectives to myself I headed towards the far side of the reservoir where I met three birders, two it turned out, I follow on Twitter.

Almost immediately we had sight of six Bearded Tits. These birds really are quite stunning, both the males and females blended in to their surrounding habitat of reed beds and their colours were stunning.

I managed a few record shots from the bank.




 

1 comment:

George Burton said...

Wow! 'must get over there Steve...and I was fishing nearby at the weekend too

Lovely pics btw